UNDERSTANDING EVERYTHING ABOUT DALCHINI: KNOW HOW IS IT EFFECTIVE FOR DIABETES HERE
Dalchini is a sweet and spicy ingredient that makes you feel warm and happy inside with its amazing fragrance. It reminds you of fall and everything nice and warm in the world! I’m sure you love cinnamon buns just as much as any other person (including me). But have you ever wondered what makes dalchini so infamous and why is it used in so many varying delicacies across the world?
It’s because it has so many benefits and uses, and of course, because it is so yummy! Dalchini makes everything taste better. But it also makes our health better. Did you know dalchini powder can treat diseases as serious as cognitive function disorders and type 2 diabetes? Amazing right?! It helps treat much more health and even skin problems. Tired of clogged pores and blackheads? Dalchini powder scrub is here to rescue you!
I’m sure you’re feeling curious about it now, so let’s find out more about this wonder spice and all its benefits and uses here!
WHAT IS DALCHINI?
Dalchini is extracted from the bark of the Cinnamomum tree and has been used as a spice and a healing remedy for centuries. Dalchini powder is obtained by grinding the dried bark of the Cinnamomum tree. It’s grown in many parts of Asia, North America, and Europe. Dalchini or cinnamon is a multipurpose spice and has several uses across many cultures, some cultures even use it in religious rituals.
It is mainly of two types – Ceylon and cassia. Cassia is the most commonly available type of dalchini powder and can be found in any store. Ceylon, however, isn’t as widely used as cassia and is mostly found in Sri Lanka. They both have similar benefits and can treat many ailments.
It is a beloved garnish for many caffeinated beverages as well, I’m sure to fall instantly reminds you of dalchini and its sweet and spicy, unique taste in many snacks and drinks. It has a lot of medicinal properties that were widely used in ancient medicine like Ayurveda. And it is known to treat many skin and health problems effectively. Let’s see what they are!
DALCHINI BENEFITS IN MEDICINE
Dalchini has many medicinal benefits and has been used as a remedy for centuries. Its sweet and spicy taste makes it easier to consume and it’s medically proven that unless you eat an enormous amount of dalchini for a prolonged period, it doesn’t have any notable side effects. It is beneficial for a lot of health and skin problems, so let’s find out all the benefits of dalchini here:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antimicrobial and antifungal properties
- Relieves pain and discomfort
- Can regular blood sugar levels
- Regulates healthy blood circulation in the body
- Improves cognitive functioning
- Improves digestion and treats indigestion
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces weight
- It is a natural antioxidant
- Prevents blood clots and excessive bleeding
- Antiseptic properties
WHAT ARE THE USES OF DALCHINI?
Dalchini, although is used as a spice to add flavor to many amazing recipes like biryani, is also very useful in treating many health conditions that typically require expensive treatments. It’s an effective alternative for many modern chemical medications. Here are some of the widely known dalchini uses:
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can treat skin problems like acne and pustules.
- It is used to unclog pores and clean impurities in the skin.
- It can lower blood sugar levels and treat type 2 diabetes.
- It lowers cholesterol, regulates blood circulation, and treats heart diseases.
- Its antimicrobial, antiseptic, and antifungal properties can treat infections.
- It helps treat many digestive disorders and issues like indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
- It can be used to relieve pain and discomfort and treat muscle or joint pain.
- It can help treat many cognitive disorders like Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, etc.
- It’s speculated by many medical researchers that dalchini can cure cancer, but there’s not enough research to use it in cancer treatments.
- It is used in reducing weight and fat deposits in the body.
- It prevents excessive bleeding and blood clotting.
- It is an antioxidant and improves the metabolism and overall immunity of our bodies.
- It heals skin problems and rejuvenates the skin cells with its antioxidant properties.
WHAT IS DIABETES?: TYPES, CAUSE, AND RISKS
Diabetes is a disease that affects your body’s metabolism by making insulin production in your body either ineffective or scarce. It causes blood sugar levels to become high. Its most dangerous indication is that any kind of cut or wound doesn’t heal as quickly as usual. Diabetes is mainly of two different types and both of them are responsible for making insulin in your body ineffective or scarce, the factors that differentiate them are their causes and treatments.
- Type 1 diabetes: Type 1 diabetes can’t be treated by lifestyle changes and requires insulin injections into your body to lower blood sugar levels.
- Type 2 diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is easier to treat as it can be treated by making changes in your diet and lifestyle. In serious cases, it requires insulin injections into the body.
Diabetes has many health risks associated with it, let’s take a look at some of them:
- If you have diabetes, you’re more likely to contract infections in your wounds and cuts.
- Diabetes may not seem dangerous, but it can cause multiple organ failures and many other issues if left untreated.
- It affects cognitive functioning and can cause urinary problems as well.
- It increases appetite and thirst.
- It makes people weaker and causes fatigue.
Type 1 diabetes doesn’t have any known causes yet, and type 2 is generally caused by:
- Genetic conditions
- Unhealthy lifestyle or diet
- Overeating or other eating disorders
- Obesity and excessive body fat
CAN DIABETES BE PREVENTED?
Although it’s not possible to prevent type 1 diabetes like type 2 diabetes, its risks and health hazards can be reduced to a large extent. So here are some things that can help you out:
- Reduce your sugar consumption to a minimum and replace it with natural alternatives like stevia and jaggery.
- Exercise and burn your fat deposits to reduce your weight.
- Switch to healthier diets and avoid eating processed or fast food. Eat more natural and herbal foods and products.
- Drink milk and other naturally sweet drinks and juices instead.
- Eat lots of fruits and leafy vegetables and drink a lot of water to give your body healthy nutrients.
- Try not to overeat or seek therapy for eating disorders and bring a change in your dietary habits.
- Stop taking sugar in your tea, instead drink honey-infused tea to reduce the sugar content that enters your body.
HOW DOES DALCHINI HELP IN TREATING DIABETES?
Dalchini has many properties that make it helpful in treating type 2 diabetes and its indications. Apart from its medicinal benefits, dalchini can be used as a substitute or neutralizing agent for sugar in sweets and drinks. It can be taken only after proper consultation with a doctor or physician, as its effects can be subjective and it may not be suitable for some people with allergies. Here are all the ways dalchini can help in treating diabetes:
- It can lower blood sugar levels in the body.
- It can increase our body’s sensitivity to insulin and help in ensuring effective insulin production in the body.
- It helps in reducing obesity and can help in lowering the risks of diabetes.
- It is improving cognitive functioning and can help diabetes patients prevent and treat cognitive problems like blurred vision and hearing.
- It is naturally antiseptic, antifungal, and antimicrobial which lowers the risk of infections in diabetes patients as they are more likely to contract infections.
- It prevents clotting in the blood and treats wounds, prevents excessive bleeding effectively.
- Since diabetic patients are more likely to experience multiorgan failures and heart diseases, dalchini lowers these risks by treating heart issues. It regulates blood circulation in the body and helps lower cholesterol levels as well.
- Diabetes can also cause patients to become weaker and feel fatigued and dalchini can improve their metabolism to relieve fatigue and discomfort as well.
WHAT IS THE RIGHT INTAKE OF DALCHINI FOR TREATING DIABETES?
Dalchini doesn’t have any known side effects, but it’s important to seek medical consultation before taking dalchini powder or capsules for diabetes. You might think if there are no side effects why is it important to seek medical counsel; it’s because dalchini can be harmful in large doses and a doctor or physician can help you take the right amount of dalchini if it proves safe and effective for you. Here is the usually suggested intake of dalchini for treating type 2 diabetes:
- An intake of 1g, 3g, or 6g can be taken to treat type 2 diabetes and its indications.
- Alternatively, ½ – 2 teaspoons of dalchini powder can be consumed in one day for effective results.
- It shouldn’t be taken directly, you can try mixing the dalchini powder in honey or consume it in tea or by adding little amounts of the powder to your regular diet.
- Don’t exceed the recommended usage or it can cause serious health issues.
PRICE OF DALCHINI POWDER
Dalchini powder is very easily available in any retail store online or offline since it’s widely used across the world. It’s quite affordable and is usually sold in the price range of ₹60 – ₹140 for 100g of dalchini powder. The most commonly available type of dalchini is cassia cinnamon powder.
SIDE EFFECTS AND RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH DALCHINI
Although dalchini has no known side effects and is usually safe for consumption, taking a high dosage or eating a lot of dalchini for a prolonged period can be really harmful. It can increase many health risks and may cause problems in digestion as well. So it is better to follow strict instructions from your doctor or physician while taking dalchini powder instead of consuming a lot of it at once.
SAFETY TIPS FOR USING DALCHINI POWDER
Here are some safety tips to keep in mind while using dalchini:
- Do not use or consume dalchini for any health or condition without medical supervision to avoid any mishaps or allergies.
- It usually induces healthy blood circulation and makes our body warmer, so it is better to consume it with something that will you down as well if you take it in warm climates.
- Do not take high dosages of dalchini capsules and powders as they can cause serious health problems.
- Always consult your doctor or physician before making any notable changes in your intake or diet.
- Make sure to seek medical attention immediately if there is any kind of reaction or inflammation visible after taking dalchini.
- Drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated when you’re taking dalchini regularly to avoid dehydration or any other health problems.
- Don’t use dalchini powder directly on your skin as it can cause redness or even burns, mix it with something that neutralizes the burning sensation.
Dalchini is an ancient spice that has been used in herbal medicines and remedies for centuries. It is sweet and spicy and makes the perfect substitute for sugary unhealthy products. It is used in many food items, drinks, and herbal remedies. It has many uses and medical benefits like anti-inflammatory properties, its ability to lower blood sugar, prevent blood clotting, etc.
It is widely known for its effectiveness in treating type 2 diabetes and its indications. It lowers blood sugar levels and induces effective insulin usage and production in our bodies. It even reduces weight and lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes in many patients. It effectively treats diabetes with small and regular doses. It doesn’t have any known side effects, but taking higher doses than needed can result in severe side effects and cause harm to the body.
Overall, dalchini is an affordable and effective way of treating diabetes, however, it is not a replacement for insulin and should not be taken without proper consultation with a doctor or physician.